The ball valve is also a one type of the Valve. It is open when the ball's hole is along with the flow and closed when it is at 90 degrees by the valve handle. The valve handle will be flat in Position with the flow when open, and is perpendicular to it when closed, making for easy visual confirmation of the valve's status.The Ball valves are durable and reliable,closing securely even after long periods of disuse. These qualities make them an excellent choice for shutoff and control applications, where they are often preferred to gates and globe valves, but they lack their fine control in throttling applications.
The Some Of the advantages of the ball valves are
1. It Provides bubble-tight service.
2. It is Quick to open and close.
3. The Smaller in size when Compared to Gate Valve.
4. It is Lighter in weight.
5. High-quality ball valves provide Good service in high-pressure and high-temperature Conditions/applications.
6. The Force required to actuate the valve is smaller than that of the required for a Gate Valve.
7. Low Purchase Cost as well as the Maintenance Cost.
The Some Of the Applications are
1. It is Used in Air, Gaseous, and liquid applications requiring bubble-tight service.
2. It is used in Low-point drains and high-point vents in Liquid, Gaseous, and other fluid services.
3. It is Used in Instrument root valves.
4. For Cooling water and feed water systems.