Computerized Numerical control machines cutting metals using Computerized instructions or vertical milling Center or running on z axis.These machines use cutting tools such as bits, drills these are made of High speed steels or Tungsten carbide through powder metal technologies. A drill bit is classified based on rake angle, Flute radius, Helix angle. There are tool holders which hold the tools,this is usually the ATC which is used in CNC and Multi axis machines.
The other name for the Carbide cutting tools is carbide tipped cutting tools.These are the tools that used in the metal cutting tools for a wide range of materials on CNC Lathes and Vertical Turret lathes etc...
The Some Of the Advantages Of the Carbide cutting tools are
1. The Carbide tools have a longevity in life because they have higher resistance to wear.
2. When you use carbide tools, you can achieve a better surface quality finish.
3. The Carbide tipped tools are more Cheap than the solid carbide since they are more durable. But the Solid carbide tools tend to crack.
4. These Tools are more efficient and cheap compared to high speed tools because they maintain their cutting edge hardness at higher Machining temperatures which are generated by high cutting speeds.
5. The Carbide Tipped tools are least expensive while Compare to solid carbide. This is because of the factor that, In Carbide tipped tools only the cutting edge which is carbide, This means that the overall cost is usually substantially less than solid carbide tools.
Applications of CNC VMC tools
To remove unwanted material from material piece like gears and other machinery parts.
For metal milling, drilling, boring, shaping etc.
Turning works like threading, facing, grooving, knurling etc.
In Making of metal punch, metal dies and metal molds.
In designing some wood works, metal works, stone carvings etc.
To make selected automotive metal parts, machinery parts etc.